Subject: Re: Bitcoin Transfer

From: "Satoshi Nakamoto" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 00:54:32 +0800

It should be your Bitcoin address at home that you received it
with.  There's no way for it to know who it's from, so the best
it can do is tell which of your addresses it was received on.
You can create multiple addresses and give a different address
to each person and label them to help figure out who's sending
to you.

It doesn't know any names other than what you tell it.  The name
printed there is what's associated in your address book for that
address, either under the Address Book button or the "Change..."
button to the right of your Bitcoin address.

>Hey Satoshi,
>
>After that first transfer of 25.00, you didn't send me another 100.00
>did you?  I sent myself 100.00 from my BitCoin application at work to my
>one at home using the BitCoin address rather than by IP.  My application
>at home has a 100.00 transfer received, however it's transaction details
>say "Received with: Satoshi 12higDjoCCNXSA95xZMWUdPvXNmkAduhWv".  That
>is not my BitCoin address from work, so I assume this means that I
>received the payment encoded with a block that was computed by your
>client?  If so, how did it know your name in addition to the BitCoin
>address that generated it?  I don't recall there being a place in my
>application to even put my name.
>
>-- 
>Dustin D. Trammell
>[email-masked]
>http://www.dustintrammell.com
>